Some of the more alarming provisions that are getting citizens to turn out in large numbers to express their opposition are:
Pg 50 Section 152 in HEALTH CARE bill - HEALTH CARE will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise. (Have we lost our minds; instead of providing free health care, we should be sending illegals back where they came from.)
- Pg 59 HEALTH CARE Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. (Why? If we are giving free health care away, why are my assets open to scrutiny?
Pg 84 Sec 203 HEALTH CARE bill - Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private Health Care plans in the Exchange. (If I am paying for private health care, why should the government be dictating benefit packages.)
Pg 427 Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government now has a say in how your life ends. (This is just plain creepy.)The American people are getting steamrolled and they don't like it. Why the rush to push this plan down our throats without sufficient dialog and fine tuning? The plan itself is over 1,000 pages long! Why does it take 1,000 pages to explain a health care plan? Is it because by its length people will be intimidated and not bother to read it? I think the answer is a resounding YES. Here is an excerpt of the plan highlights developed by AARP. AARP Online Community: National Healthcare Policy
Here are some common sense guidelines the Obama team should think about if they want Americans to accept their plan and pay the bill through their taxes:
1) Get rid of any provision for free health care for illegal aliens. Nobody in their right mind wants it. The concept is so ridiculous that I can't fathom who would even put it on the table.
2) Keep the plan simple. If people can afford their own plans, let them stay on them and don't try to restrict the benefits or treatments they get. They pay, they pick.
3) Keep government involvement minimal. Provide VERY BASIC coverage for people who can't afford to pay. Don't reward people who are already drags on the system by giving them the same benefits I pay for with my hard-earned money.
4) Look at other countries with national health care and see how well that's working out. Waiting times for surgeries; treatments refused if not authorized; exorbitant taxes to pay for it all. Stay far away from a nationalized health care system; the government will only screw it up.
Obama strategists are regrouping to deal with the outpouring of public opposition on this issue. At a New Jersey Town Hall meeting, one questioner asked his congressman, who was advocating the President's plan: "If this plan is so good, I want you to pledge here and now that you will put yourself and your family on it". Silence. These politicians are perfectly willing to put our families at risk, but as for their own, no thank you. I think you can draw your own conclusion on this issue.
SEE DATES ABOVE RIGHT FOR OTHER POSTS FROM "BRAINDROPS". ALSO, READ MY OTHER BLOG: SPALDEEN DREAMS